Friday, September 24, 2010

Week #6, Thing #14, Technorati

At the time of this post,  Technorati is blocked from our district.  But I have submitted a request to unblock the site so that I may have access granted.
I will post an update on this matter,  but am determined to continue with this workshop and so will post a blog on the next "thing".
I am currently using my personal computer to view Technorati.  I like that I can pinpoint an interest and have only those blogs "pop up" so that I can either read and respond or just read them.
I can see where students could ahve access to Technorati in order to collaborate with students from different disricts about their interests and also share project ideas.
Teachers and Librarians would gain a wealth of knowledge and have an ongoing dialogue about what educational approaches are working and share thoughts on how to best provide for the students.
Some treachers could even use Technorati to promote certain educational tools and techniques that would assist first year teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment